We sponsor students carrying a bachelor degree (or, for German students, a degree from a "Fachhochschule") with a 12-months fellowship if you are aiming at doing a PhD without the Master's.
After a one-year fast track study program they will be admitted as a PhD student and be supported by a regular PhD fellowship.
These are the requirements:
- excellent grades during B.Sc. studies;
two recommendation letters, documenting that they belong to the top 5-10% students of their class;
- an English language test (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS or similar) OR a German language test, if you are not a native English or German or if you have not studied in a German or English speaking country;
- The application must be supported in writing by at least two of the Principal Investigators of the Graduate School. At least one of them will be your supervisor.
During your first year, you will have to ...
- follow a study program which is individually designed for you by your supervisor(s) at a master-level aiming to bring the student up to the standards of a regular PhD student within a two-semester period;
- write a scientific thesis for a period of 4 months after a successful study program;
If the applicant completes this 12 months study program successfully (achieving at least 40 ECTS points with an average grade of better than 1.5 within the two-semester period) and a successful thesis, the Selection Committee grants admission to the PhD program.
At the moment this fellowship is awarded until March 2018.